[fpc-pascal] Dynamic arrays performance test.

DSTRODT at aol.com DSTRODT at aol.com
Tue Mar 1 14:36:36 CET 2005

In a message dated 3/1/2005 5:00:35 A.M. Central Standard Time,
 Agustin Barto abarto at gmail.com writes:

I ran  some test of several Extended matrix internal representations
to implement  on an adaptation of Jedi_Math's matrix code (already
contributed some of  this modifications). In the attached file you'll
see one of these tests. I  have some questions about the results:

* The performance of the three  internal structures is virtually the
same. Which one do you think is the  best?
* The program compiled with fpc 1.9.8 (on Linux) is two times  slower
than the one compiled with Delphi 7 (on Windows). Do you know what  can
I do to improve the performance with fpc?

This would seem to be very interesting to explore, but being that it is
related to
FPC 1.9.8 (which is still "release-candidate" i.e.. RC 2), it probably  would
get more attention if you posted it to the fpc-devel list rather than  here.

Secondarily, I would suggest that comparing the performance of fpc on Linux
to Delphi on Windows is somewhat like comparing the performance of a  bicycle
to that of a train. Way too many variables  involved.