[fpc-pascal] Re: Help needed with interfacing to C-object-files.

Koenraad Lelong fpascal at brouwerij.homelinux.net
Mon Mar 14 21:09:31 CET 2005

Jeff Pohlmeyer wrote:
>>If you want to take a look, I've put it on
>>http://users.edpnet.be/~koenraad/www
>

> Okay, try this...
>
> In your ulinuxgnu300 directory, type:
>
>   make clean
>   make linux
>   ar -r libonewire.a *.o
>   ranlib libonewire.a
>
> And then move the resulting "libonewire.a" file into
> a directory where the linker can find it, either the
> directory where your pascal project is, or a system
> directory like /usr/local/lib/
>
> Then add this one line to your header translation:
>
>   {$LINKLIB onewire}
>
> Now you should be able to remove all those other {$O} and {$L} things.
>
> Here is my *untested* translation of the headers,
> all crammed into one unit:
>
>   http://www.geocities.com/yetanothergeek/onewire.pas
>

> I don't have the time+software+hardware to test the results
> completely, but this should at least let you compile and link.
>
> I still have no idea what this thing is supposed to do -
> Maybe it is something to fetch that beer Marc was talking about?
>

> HTH,
>  - Jeff

About the beer, it's pretty close.
1-wire devices are devices like termometers, AD-converters and other
devices that can be accessed over 1-wire (actually two : gnd).
And I would like to use these thermometer-devices with my Zaurus PDA to
measure tempratures of my brewing sessions : I make my own beer. I still
have to fetch it myself though ;-).
I'm going to try your unit, but how did you do this ? You must have
worked for hours to make that "header" file. Thank you very, very much !

Koenraad.