[fpc-pascal] Re: Help needed with interfacing to C-object-files.

Jeff Pohlmeyer yetanothergeek at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 14 18:39:25 CET 2005

> If you want to take a look, I've put it on
> http://users.edpnet.be/~koenraad/www

Okay, try this...

In your ulinuxgnu300 directory, type:

  make clean
  make linux
  ar -r libonewire.a *.o
  ranlib libonewire.a

And then move the resulting "libonewire.a" file into
a directory where the linker can find it, either the
directory where your pascal project is, or a system
directory like /usr/local/lib/

Then add this one line to your header translation:

  {$LINKLIB onewire}

Now you should be able to remove all those other {$O} and {$L} things.

Here is my *untested* translation of the headers,
all crammed into one unit:

  http://www.geocities.com/yetanothergeek/onewire.pas

I don't have the time+software+hardware to test the results
completely, but this should at least let you compile and link.

I still have no idea what this thing is supposed to do -
Maybe it is something to fetch that beer Marc was talking about?

HTH,
 - Jeff