[fpc-pascal] Help needed with interfacing to C-object-files.

Koenraad Lelong fpascal at brouwerij.homelinux.net
Tue Mar 8 21:51:40 CET 2005

Marc Santhoff wrote:
> Am Mo, den 07.03.2005 schrieb Koenraad Lelong um 22:36:
>
>>Hi,
>>I'm trying to make an interface to a kind of library, but I'm stuck. Any
>>pointers are welcome.
>>There is a C-header file, but this is common for a number of C-modules.
>>If I translate (h2pas) this file, and use it, the linker tries to find
>>an o-file, which does not exist. Any suggestions how to handle this ?
>

> You've got to compile the C files to .o (gcc -c thesource.c) and then
> link them into your pascal unit ({$L thesource.o}). This way it should
> work, I'm using some C stuff like that.
>
> HTH,
> Marc
Let me explain more : the header file is used in at least five
source-files, so compiling gives (at least) five .o files, but none with
the name of the header-file.
I was thinking that splitting that header-file in smaller files, each
for its own source could do the trick, but I'll have to check this
carefully. I had hoped for another suggestion.
Anyway, thanks for the response.
Koenraad.