[fpc-pascal] USB or RS-232 capability?

Lance Boyle lanceboyle at cwazy.co.uk
Thu Jan 13 11:31:34 CET 2005

Does FPC provide access to USB or RS-232 (COM) ports?

I am interested in trying this on Mac OS X, with a possible port to
Windows. (Yes, I'll get a USB-Serial adapter from Keyspan if
necessary.) I want to keep this as simple as possible, so high-level
RS-232 access without going into Apple's IOKit might be helpful. (IOKit
= application-space driver capability, FYI.)

I just need to access a peripheral using simple a simple command set
and read data frames back at 60 frames per second (each frame is only a
few numbers, ASCII or binary, my choice), then use the received data to
do some stuff.

Thanks for any info,
Jerry