[fpc-pascal] Runtime Error 216

Vinzent Hoefler JeLlyFish.software at gmx.net
Tue Jan 4 08:15:11 CET 2005

On Monday 03 January 2005 19:22, Jonas Maebe wrote:

> Delphi does not allow members of records to be used as counters at
> all. We're probably going to do the same thing in the future,

You're already sort of done this. ;-)

(See my second message yesterday "operator overloading broken in
1.9.6?", so *this* question is answered in some way). Don't get me
wrong: It's very good that you don't allow loop counters to be changed
inside a for-loop now, but ...

> because
> checking whether or not a counter variable is modified in a loop is
> incompatible with the way record field symbols are stored (as you
> discovered before).

... personally I don't like this part of the idea. There was a reason, I
used those "loop"-records. Ok, I'll shut up for now and change the
code.

Regards,

Vinzent.