[fpc-pascal] HeapError variable access

Urbansound urbansound at sbcglobal.net
Sat Aug 20 18:13:14 CEST 2005

Hi,

I'm working with a unit someone developed for FPC in 2001.

Compiling under FPC 2.0.0, I'm getting the following error...

    wErrors0.pp(279,23) Error: Identifier not found "HeapError"

>From this code segment...

    procedure SetHeapErrorHandle;
    //===========================
    // Defines a new HeapError handler, from this library.
    const  fFirst : boolean = TRUE; // security, such that entering a second
time is harmless
    begin
        if (not fFirst) then exit;
        fFirst:=FALSE;  // the next time, will exit immediatly
          // Memorises the original Heap error handler
        glpfHeapErrorHandler:=HeapError;
          // defines the address of the new Heap Error handler.
        HeapError:=HeapErrorHandle;
    end;  // SetHeapErrorHandle

Section 8.4.2 of the prog.pdf doc "The Heap Grows", suggests that HeapError
is a pointer that should be available for reference.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Mike