[fpc-pascal] DateSeparator on Unix

Michael Van Canneyt michael.vancanneyt at wisa.be
Wed Apr 6 17:03:55 CEST 2005

On Wed, 6 Apr 2005, Marc Santhoff wrote:

> Hi,
>
> on win32 the date separator constant is set according to the system
> settings. For unix/linux there is no information contained in the docs
> (units.pdf, ch.22 'sysutils').
>
> How is this done on unix-like systems?

Currently, not at all.

Problem is that the needed functionality for this is in the C library.
Automatically setting the info in the SysUtils unit would introduce
a dependency on the C library, which we want to avoid.

There is a unit floating around which can be linked in separately, and
which will set the constants to their appropriate values, based on
either the LANG variable values or the KDE settings. But it does link
your application to the C library.

I have it at home somewhere, I think.

> If not at all, how is proper localization done according to $LANG (the
> string constants are set by gettext)?

Sorry, I don't understand this question ?

Michael.