[fpc-pascal]Graphics cards, VGALIB

Dr. Rolf Jansen InstantWare at t-online.de
Mon Sep 6 19:15:07 CEST 2004

Sorry, for entering the discussion at this late stage. After reading
all the follow-ups to Jonas message below, I understood that the
culprit is still link ordering. If I understood something wrong, then
please excuse my ignorance.

If not, It might help to add a link parameter (-k...) into the fpc
command line. How about:

/usr/local/bin/ppcppc MyKillerApplication.pas -k-lsdl
-oMyKillerApplication

This should result in an ld command in ppas.sh where the -lsdl
statement is the very first parameter:

/usr/bin/ld  -lsdl    -L. -o MyKillerApplication `cat link.res`

system.o and allthelocalunits.o files come very late in link.res.

I am not able to check this, but it seems to me that the linker should
pick the main entry point from the sdllib in this case. I think it
shouldn´t be to hard for the users of fpc to add appropriate -k...
parameters to the fpc command line.

Best regards

Rolf