[fpc-pascal]Yet another impossible task

Jérémie LEFRANCOIS j.lefrancois at altran-tech.net
Thu Sep 2 11:23:44 CEST 2004

I would be very happy to solve the following problem, any suggestion is welcome.
I work with MS-DOS 6.2, trying to port from TP55 to Freepascal GO32.
There is a terminate stay resident program (for which I have no access to the
sources) that deals with the interface part of the application (GUI).
It is started and installed at boot time (remember the old autoexec.bat).
It is the acceessed by just writing to the screen sequences with a special begin
sequence and end sequence. To put it more simply, in order to open a window the
Pascal program must issue a writeln('#19#254#1,'open window mywindow.aid',#1);
I want to avoid writing over again all the screen managing routines.

Of course I know that the TSR concept is 16 bits and that freepascal works in 32
bit.

Any ideas ?