[fpc-pascal] Cross-platform gdbm replacement

Michael Van Canneyt michael.vancanneyt at wisa.be
Wed Oct 27 18:39:02 CEST 2004

On Wed, 27 Oct 2004, Matt Henley wrote:

> Do a quick search on this list for sqlite.  Its lightweight, cross
> platform and public domain.  FPC has a unit to access it (somewhere in
> the fpc directory tree... dont have it up at the office) as well as at
> least one component that is being worked on.

Yes.
The latest sqliteds in the FCL has good support for SQLite.

Or use TDbf, it uses DBase files, with as much indexes as you want.

I would suggest the latter, as you don't need external libraries.
100% Pascal code, and the DBase files can be opened with many
other programs as well. (MS-Office, OpenOffice etc).
Filter expressions are supported as well, so you can do your 'where' easily.

Michael.