[fpc-pascal] Problems with snapshots

Marcel Martin mm10 at ellipsa.net
Thu Oct 14 09:08:50 CEST 2004

Hello,

Yesterday, I downloaded 1.9.5 (executable for Windows). I wanted
to check whether the bug #3335 (which makes the IDE unusable under
Windows) had been fixed.

1) install.exe doesn't work. A windows is opened but it is
immediately followed by a dialog box notifying that the program
is about to be closed due to a 'general' error.

2) I unzipped all the files manually and tried to run fp.exe. A DOS
windows is opened but it is immediately closed.

In short, it would seem that the snapshots are no more usable
under Windows 98.

BTW, do you intend to release a stable beta soon (to replace the
current 1.9.4)?
Thanks.

--
mm