[fpc-pascal]Call DLL in Pascal DOS program

Christophe Fantoni christophe at christophefantoni.com
Mon Mar 22 19:57:55 CET 2004

Hello people,

Since few months, I work on a burning engine for CD/DVD, coded entierely in Pascal. It's really the first burning engine in full Pascal, compiled perfectly in Borland Pascal 7.0 and partialy with FreePascal 1.0.10 (some problems with the DPMI support). My goal is to make a burning engine for many operating system, like DOS (for the moment), but coded in Pascal and not in C/C++. To make my job, I don't use external driver.. In fact, all drivers are coded internaly (ATAPI, SCSI. USB, etc) and I use it if the hardware is detected.
Now, I would like to include audio file decoding for burning the CD Audio on the fly. With TMT Pascal (sorry),  I can use DLL files with somes modifications (your DLL must be open source, like Lame MP3, Ogg Vorbis, etc, and can be coded in several language like Pascal, ASM or C/C++) In the website www.tmt.com, under the section 'Pascal contributions', your can download the program "DLL manager", to adapt your DLL source codes and call this DLL in your pascal DOS program, or download this program directly in http://www.exelsys.be/vrgroup/. I'm think it's very interesseting to adapt this program in FreePascal. Why ? Because FreePascal is open-source and not TMT Pascal (no evaluation version). With the DLL manager, all the sources are not include, but the documentation is very complete to understand the bases. But to make that, I search more documentation about the EXE generated by the GO32V1 / GO32V2.

Have your more documentations ? Any volunteer to help me ?
Or maybe, have you another solution to use DLL files in Pascal DOS programs ?

In advance, many thanks for your useful help,

Best regards,

Christophe Fantoni
French technical writer.