[fpc-pascal]little questions and notes: 1.9.2, bugs db, cfg, win32 make cycle

David Emerson dle3ab at angelbase.com
Fri Mar 19 19:30:41 CET 2004

Hi there,

Whenever I compile anything with fpc, the first thing that the compiler puts on the screen is:

Hint: End of reading config file c:\fpc\192\bin\win32\fpc.cfg

This happens with 1.9.2 and 1.0.10. What is the purpose of this message?

The bugs database interface doesn't seem to have an option to search for 1.9.2 / 1.9.3 bugs.

Using 1.0.10 and win32, I did a make cycle on 1.9.3 (why? curiousity was a leading factor)

Re: Build Faq: I guess the Makefile didn't recognize "make cycle", so I had to use "make compiler_cycle"

It crashed out early on when it tried to do as.exe. The reason was that the 1.0.10 makew32.zip contained the name asw.exe - i.e. before the rename to as.exe happened. Copying asw.exe to as.exe fixed that. (I also copied arw and ldw while I was at it)

It failed on the comparison of ppc3 and ppc386 (char 1316627, line 4963) ... I'll get back with more info if I can't get it working myself.

~David