[fpc-pascal]Modifying cpu registers while in turbo pascal interrupt routine ?

Klaus Hartnegg klaus at fischer.brain.uni-freiburg.de
Thu Mar 18 09:02:22 CET 2004

> Turbo pascal 7 has the 'interrupt' directive which can be placed behind a
> procedure name to turn it into a interrupt handler.

forget it, it's a bug
it doesn't save all registers (so your program will crash if it uses longint)
and it doesn't provide a stack (so your programm will crash even it it doesn't
use longint).

> The problem is that these parameters are probably passed 'by value'. So
> these are only copies.

try trapint.pas from this page:
http://www.brain.uni-freiburg.de/~klaus/pascal/sources/

hope this helps,
Klaus
--
Klaus Hartnegg, Brain Research Group, University Freiburg,
Hansa-strasse 9a, D-79104 Freiburg, Germany, hartnegg at uni-freiburg.de
Please avoid sending me Word attachments (use txt, rtf, or pdf).