[fpc-pascal]ProceList/Quote Program (ncurses)

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Mon Jul 12 09:51:18 CEST 2004

> On Mon, Jul 12, 2004 at 09:11:57AM +0200, Marco van de Voort wrote:
> > Libraries: Turbo Vision. (see the textmode IDE). It only uses the terminfo
> > part of ncurses though, which improves look and feel, but decreases terminal
> > independance.
>
> Am I better off writing my own classes using the ncurses library ?

IMHO only if you make something small. TV allows the most rich textmode
apps I know. Problem is that it might require some debugging here and there,
but that will pay itself back on a larger project. Specially if you have
no gigantic requirements on terminal independance.

Look at the IDE (+source) to get an idea of the potential of TV/FV.

> vs. Learning Turbo Vision which I've never used...
>
> Is Turbo Vision more complicated than ncurses ?

Definitely. But also has way more possibilities, and is more productive.