[fpc-pascal]What does this mean?

Holger Peters mailanholgerpeters at web.de
Tue Jan 20 10:52:29 CET 2004

Hi,

I tried to compile this program:

{$MODE OBJFPC}
program
        DomTest3;
uses
        DOM,
        xmlread,
        Classes;
var
        MyXMLStructure  : TXMLDocument;
        MyFile                  : TFileStream;

begin
MyFile.Create('test.xml',fmopenread);
MyXMLStructure := TXMLDocument.Create;
try
        ReadXMLFile(MyXMLStructure,MyFile);
except
        On EXMLReadError do WriteLn('Did not work out well');
end;
MyFile.Destroy;
end.

I executed it, and it did not work (EAccess violation) so I tried to
compile it with -gd to use it with a debugger. But unfortunately it gave
the following error:

Free Pascal Compiler version 1.9.2 [2004/01/07] for i386
Copyright (c) 1993-2002 by Florian Klaempfl
Target OS: Linux for i386
Compiling main3.pp
Panic : Internal compiler error, exiting.
main3.pp(22) Fatal: Internal error 9999

PS: Line 22 is the last line of the file.

Is this a bug or is the mistake on my side?

cu,
Holger