[fpc-pascal]Heaptrc output

Vincent Snijders VSDS at RND.VB.CBS.NL
Mon Jan 19 10:40:26 CET 2004

Hi,

I get the following output from heaptrc:
Heap dump by heaptrc unit
2039 memory blocks allocated : 38500/42552
2039 memory blocks freed     : 38464/42504
0 unfreed memory blocks : 36
True heap size : 262144 (96 used in System startup)
True free heap : 261856
Should be : 262000

I don't how to interprete this. I have no unfreed memory blocks, but
still there seem to be memory leaked somewhere, because the allocated
memory is not equal to the released memory and I don't see the value
after 'Should be:' mentioned anywhere. I thought heaptrc also checked,
that released memory was the correct size? So what is going wrong?

I am using fpc 1.0.10 on windows 2000.

Vincent Snijders.