[fpc-pascal]Local Ip Address

Crabtree, Chad Chad.Crabtree at nationalcity.com
Mon Feb 23 15:40:46 CET 2004

Hello I am having a dikens of a time getting my IP address on the machine
that I am working on.  I've looked in the mailing list and I found something
that I've been toying with but still I cannot get the xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx style
name I can only get my machine name.  Here's what I have which I can get the
names but not the byte code address.
I know how to do this in python gethostbyname(gethostname()) by I'm having a
hard time with this.
program get_ip;
uses sockets,winsock;
const
	len:integer=256;
var
	lsock,y,z:longint;
	ac: array[0..255] of char;
	phe:phostent;
	xs:pchar;
	Adder:TInetSockAddr;

begin
	writeln(gethostname(ac,len));
	writeln(ac);
	phe:=gethostbyname(ac);
	xs:=phe^.h_addr_list[1];
	writeln(xs);
	phe:=gethostbyaddr(ac,4,PF_INET);
	xs:=phe^.h_name;
	writeln(xs)

end.

***National City made the following annotations

This communication is a confidential and proprietary business communication.
It is intended solely for the use of the designated recipient(s).  If this
communication is received in error, please contact the sender and delete this
communication.