[fpc-pascal]FPC on older linuxes?

Rainer Hantsch rainer at hantsch.co.at
Fri Nov 14 08:24:21 CET 2003

Hi!

I want to ask if it is possible to run the latest 1-2 versions of FPC on
really old Linux systems like SuSE 5.2 (2.0.33 kernel) and/or if there is a
way to get this working.
Currently I stuck with FPC 1.0.4, because I am unable to use newer versions on
old SuSE's. So I would even have to do everything twice, or stay on these old
version.

Another question belongs to GUI programming (Linux, too!).
A lot of things are/have_been done to make FPC working in some manner with
GTK+, but it is extremely complicated in usage, so I currently prefer either
to use Kylix (when GUI is a *must*) or I write ncurses apps in FPC (I love
small and fast apps, so this is my favorite).
Is there something which makes life easier with GUI? - But again, this must
also work on old SuSE 5.2, so this is a sub-point to the above question.

mfg

  Ing. Rainer Hantsch

--
|      \\|//              Ing. Rainer HANTSCH  -  Hardware + Software |