[fpc-pascal]Unit to read/parse configuration file

Alan Mead cubrewer at yahoo.com
Fri May 16 17:32:54 CEST 2003

One more question:  My data analysis program needs to parse a
"command file" to set options, identify variables, determine which
statistics to compute, etc.

I combed the web looking for a GPL'd or BSD'd unit (or code) that
does this.  I found one simple unit CFG_DEF, a unit for reading INI
files, and numerous (unusable) Turbo Pascal compiled units.  The
config code in ptop is closer to what I'm looking for.

I'd like a richer set of syntax features than just 'key=value' and if
someone else has already invented this wheel, I'd would rather use
that syntax.  Something like the following:

foo = bar
foo2 = bar1,bar2,bar3
foo3
foo4 -iterations 1 -nostall

Any ideas?

-Alan Mead

=====
A Congressman was once asked about his attitude toward whiskey.  "If you mean the demon drink that poisons the mind, pollutes the body, desecrates family life, and inflames sinners, then I'm against it. "

"But if you mean the elixir of Christmas cheer, the shield against winter chill, the taxable potion that puts needed funds into public coffers to comfort little crippled children, then I'm for it."

"This is my position, and I will not compromise."