[fpc-pascal]fpcmake

Peter Vreman peter at freepascal.org
Mon May 12 12:41:47 CEST 2003

> Hi,
>
> Do I need the FPC sources installed in order to even use fpcmake ?
>
> $ fpcmake -v
> Processing Makefile.fpc
>  Targets: "linux"
>  Globals:
>     FPCDIR = "/usr/lib/fpc/1.0.6"
>     PACKAGESDIR = "$(FPCDIR)/packages/base $(FPCDIR)/packages/extra"
>     UNITSDIR = "$(FPCDIR)/units/$(TARGET)"
>     BASEDIR = "/home/mint/src"
>  Required packages for linux: rtl
>  Package "rtl": Looking for Makefile.fpc:
> "/usr/lib/fpc/1.0.6/rtl/Makefile.fpc
> /usr/lib/fpc/1.0.6/packages/base/rtl/Makefile.fpc
> /usr/lib/fpc/1.0.6/packages/extra/rtl/Makefile.fpc "
>  Package "rtl": Looking for Package.fpc:
> "/usr/lib/fpc/1.0.6/rtl/Package.fpc
> /usr/lib/fpc/1.0.6/units/linux/rtl/Package.fpc "
> Error: Target "linux", package "rtl" not found
>
> I have tried every possibility then finally tried verbosity -v ...
>
> Any ideas  ?

The sources are not needed, it uses Package.fpc files which are installed
in the units directory.

In the above situation it should find a Package.fpc in the directory
/usr/lib/fpc/1.0.6/units/linux/rtl

I don't have a debian machine at work so i can't test what is installed by
the fp-units-rtl package