[fpc-pascal]Databases and FPC

James Mills prologic at prologitech.com
Mon May 5 12:58:40 CEST 2003

Hi,

I dunno if any of you have ever written an entire IRC Services in FPC
before, but for the past few months I've been porting my 5 year old
windows (delphi) version to linux.

I'm wondering about databases however... The old windows version used to
use a flat-file database to store nickname and channel registrations,
the port I'm writing also uses the same thing. However this obviously
will be slow if say an IRC network has 10,000 nicks/channels etc...

Is there anything anyone would suggest I do ? I have only a couple of
ideas, perhaps you might have a few more than I...

cheers
James