[fpc-pascal]Linux RedHat v.8.0, fpc and mysqlclient: /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lmysqlclient

arturogr at gorsa.net.mx arturogr at gorsa.net.mx
Mon Jun 30 23:57:03 CEST 2003

I am trying to get access to a DataBase in a MySQL server from a Linux RH
8.0 machine (I modified the testdb.pp in order to access the DB):
(from a MS-Win98SE machine I got my program to work using/copying the
libmySQL.dll into windows\system)
I have in the linux machine the "mysqlclient9" installed
(mysqlclient9-3.23.22-8)
In "/etc/ld.so.conf" I have "/usr/lib/mysql" line. In "/usr/lib/mysql/" I
have many ".so" files, "libmysqlclient.so" file is there.

And when compilling: fpc testdb.pp

I get:

..
..