[fpc-pascal]free pascal cross compiler from windows to linux working.

Alan Mead cubrewer at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 29 07:50:54 CEST 2003

--- Harald Houppermans <houppermans at home.nl> wrote:

> I am just wondering if the free pascal compiler can set these
> permission
> automatically for the linux executables.

No, there is no executable bit to set in the Windows attribute set.
How are you copying it?  When I read files off a floppy, they are
often all copied with their executable bit set (which is annoying).

> ( Is that the right term, linux executables ? :) )

Yes.

> So other weird red hat linux server behaviour... I have to use:
> ./hello
> ( just hello does work on knoppix )
>
> That's probably a red hat linux server setting... ./ means current
> folder...

Yes, Red Hat and other vendors arrange your environment in this way
on purpose.  This is felt to be "best practice" because it makes it
harder for you to accedentally execute a trojan...  If you wanted,
you could modify your path in .bash_profile in your home directory to
include the current directory (add it to the END of the list).

> Just wondering what that is all about.
>
> I ll bet I'll also write a tutorial so others can do it.
>
> Also with a little side note why I want it... many asked why not
> install
> linux.
>
> My short answer would be: 1. no space. 2. I read linux can destroy
> NTFS
> partitions :)
>
> Since I have windows xp ntfs and windows 98 fat32 paritions I don't
> want
> that now do I :)
>
> Later.

=====
A Congressman was once asked about his attitude toward whiskey.  "If you mean the demon drink that poisons the mind, pollutes the body, desecrates family life, and inflames sinners, then I'm against it. "

"But if you mean the elixir of Christmas cheer, the shield against winter chill, the taxable potion that puts needed funds into public coffers to comfort little crippled children, then I'm for it."

"This is my position, and I will not compromise."