[fpc-pascal]sockets (a beginer's question) (client-server)

Ivan Petrov jhs at bse.bg
Tue Jun 10 17:49:56 CEST 2003

On Tuesday 10 June 2003 10:44, Michael Van Canneyt wrote:

--- snip ---

> > The question:
> > Can I check if there is data pending in "sin" after I accept a connection
> > and sin and sout streams are up.
>
> You should use the select() call from the linux unit.
> This will check if data is available on some file descriptor.
> You can set a timeout.
>
> Examples are provided in the documentation.
>
> Michael.

Thank you. This leads me to the next question :)

I have read a lot of docs and sources.
and the only thing I found is a linux man page "$ man select".
But this is for C programmers :-(
This was before a couple of hours before I see your mail...

And I want to ask where exactly is this implemented in free pascal ?
I use version 1.0.6.