[fpc-pascal]ASCII plotting

L D Blake ldblake at sympatico.ca
Tue Jul 29 22:49:20 CEST 2003

>> I would like to include some simple "ascii plots" in my textual
>> output files, like :

> I'm sorry that I can't give you a unit. But look at "Maple"
> (http://www.maplesoft.com/). For Linux I've got an X interface (xmaple)
> and a text interface (maple).

> The text interface does drawing plots as text. It even can draw 3D plots
> in text mode! Probably you have the chance to examine this program. Then
> try these feeatures!

One thing I found helps with that "fatness" problem you got in a couple of
spots is to confine your screen coordinates ... x,y : byte ... less chance of
fractional or out of range returns causing the plotting decisions to wobble.
(Text mode is decidedly low res, so use a low res numbering scheme to match
<G>).

-----
 L D Blake