[fpc-pascal]The state of FPC (was: Synapse for FPC)

Michael Van Canneyt michael.vancanneyt at wisa.be
Thu Jul 24 16:41:58 CEST 2003

On Thu, 24 Jul 2003, Matt Emson wrote:

> Michael - if none of your developers look at the Delphi source code, I
> shudder to think at the standard of programming they produce.

I am not the judge of my collegae, so allow me not to comment on this.
But believe me if I say that they haven't looked at the sources, this is
simply a fact.

> I've never met
> a professional programmer who doesn't at least look at headers/interface
> sections of code to understand how a routine works.

Then you're a lucky man. Stick around on the mailing lists, and help
people who don't do this. There are still lots of them.

> Not doing so is
> completely alien to the way I work normally, and I am not alone in this
> either.

It is also alien to the way I personally work. I don't think there is a single
VCL source file I haven't gone through at least once for my work, but I am not
an average programmer.

At least, I like to think that this is so. Opinions on this may wildly differ ;-)

Michael.