[fpc-pascal]Linker error under FreeBSD

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Wed Jul 9 12:08:02 CEST 2003

> I tried to compile a program with fpc (for FreeBSD).

It sounds like you tried to build a LInux specific program :-)

> The objectfile was build, but the linker put an error msg on the screen.
> linking
> /usr/bin/ld cannot find -ldl

File libdl is missing. However these calls are integrated into libc under
FreeBSD, and not separate as under Linux. Try to find a {$linklib dl} in the
source and put a {$ifndef BSD} around it, so that it reads:

{$ifndef BSD}
{$linklib dl}
{$endif}