[fpc-pascal]TurboPower

Andreas K. Foerster akf1 at AKFoerster.de
Wed Jan 15 12:26:33 CET 2003

Announcement from <http://www.turbopower.com/>:

TurboPower discontinues retail business

Company announces sweeping open source initiative

Colorado Springs - TurboPower Software Company today announces their
immediate withdrawal from the retail component and developer tools
market. As part of the move, TurboPower announces its intention to
release their award winning component libraries as open source to the
maximum extent possible.

"We've been a big part of the developer community for nearly 18 years,"
said TurboPower President Gary Frerking. "Open sourcing our products
seems like an appropriate gesture of appreciation to the community that
supported us so well over the years. We sincerely hope these products
take on a life of their own and continue to prosper for many years to
come."

TurboPower's component libraries cover a wide spectrum of development
needs including compression, serial communication, faxing, Internet
communication, scheduling, data entry, encryption, and XML
manipulation. There are nearly twenty commercial-quality libraries
being considered for release, containing hundreds of components and
thousands of classes and routines - over one million lines of source
code in all!

The process of preparing the libraries for release to open source is
already underway, and the current goal is to have the libraries
released to the maximum extent possible by the end of January. The
resulting open source projects will be hosted on SourceForge.

Tschuess
	Andreas