[fpc-pascal]Working with pictures/images...

Rainer Hantsch rainer at hantsch.co.at
Thu Jan 2 08:00:28 CET 2003

Hello!

I would like to write programs which can process / work-with pictures, but I
never did such stuff before. (I use FPC 1.0.4 on LINUX.)
What I want to do at the beginning is reading in a JPG or other file and then
have it available in memory in a usable format. In a second step, I want to
write this picture back to a file, mostly in jpg.
In a 3rd step, I want to add procedures/functions to modify the picture in
memory and comparing two images against each other to find out the differences
(i.e. for a motion detection) or to find out that two pictures with different
names have the same content.

Because I am very sure that there exist some ready made libraries/units for
that, I please you to tell me which ones are EASY to use and (so I hope)
usable in OOP programming style (I do not use Delphi style).

mfg

  Ing. Rainer Hantsch

|      \\|//              Ing. Rainer HANTSCH  -  Hardware + Software |
|      (o o)              Forget Windoze! -- We focus on L-I-N-U-X... |
| Ing. Rainer HANTSCH |  mail: office at hantsch.co.at                   |
| Khunngasse 21/20    |   www: http://www.hantsch.co.at               |
| A-1030 Vienna       |   tel: +43-1-79885380    fax: +43-1-798853818 |
| ** A u s t r i a ** | handy: +43-664-9194382   UID-Nr: ATU 11134002 |