[fpc-pascal]Classes/Objects/Pointers / Pointer Help

James Mills prologic at prologitech.com
Mon Feb 10 14:20:00 CET 2003

On Mon, Feb 10, 2003 at 01:10:41PM -0000, Matt D. Emson wrote:
> James,
>
> One important question... If you are using Delphi source (as you implied
> in the pointers thread), why use Turbo Pascal style objects in your
> conversion? If you used classes, it would be much easier on yourself. No
> pointer notation needed etc, could use the Tinifile class (I assume this
> is in the classes unit of RTL/FCL.) You seem to be beating your head
> with a rock, just to use obsolete (as Borland sees it) syntax.

No I've been using FPC all along, haven't touched Delphi in years since
I moved to Debian Linux. (Hate windoze :P hehe). But I'd still like to
know how it's done the (obsolete way)...

cheers
James

Using classes now does work and works nicely, however the documentation
doesn't say what the default constructor and destructors are