[fpc-pascal]Pointer Help

Anton Tichawa anton.tichawa at chello.at
Sun Feb 9 15:06:34 CET 2003

Hello, James!

That's exactly what I meant: I'm not sure if fpc is able to keep track of the
destruction of the strings in case of AnsiString. You might check it by
displaying the total free memory before and after the deallocation of
tmpStrings. But one of the developers might answer this question in a few
seconds, wheras I would need half an hour .. how urgent is hsi question?

On Sunday 09 February 2003 12:54, you wrote:

> Thank you, it works very well now that I understand how them damn
> pointers work. One question though, how do you free the pointer's
> memory?
>
> freeMem(tmpStrings, sizeOf(String) * (N));

HTH,

Anton Tichawa.

"Adas Methode war, wie sich zeigen wird, Tagträume in offenbar korrekte
Berechnungen einzuweben."

Doris Langley Moore: Ada, Countess of Lovelace (London 1977).

Anton Tichawa
Volkertstrasse 19 / 20
A-1020 Wien
mobil: +43 664 52 07 907