[fpc-pascal]Performance testing of FPC programs?

Peter Vreman peter at freepascal.org
Sat Feb 8 15:33:04 CET 2003

> 2 choices, use profiling (see Marco's response), which is ok but a bit
> cumbersome IMHO, or add your own timing (this is what I do). I use clock

The easiest will be in the future to use valgrind and kcachegrind. Those
programs are linux-x86 only, but you don't need to recompile your program
to get the an easy to browse profile.

I've some patches for valgrind 1.9.3 that will fix the incompatibilities
with fpc. I already got the fpc compiling itself running under valgrind so
most other fpc compiled programs should also work.

Peter