[fpc-pascal]Linking to Windows

Anton Tichawa anton.tichawa at chello.at
Tue Feb 4 05:46:20 CET 2003

Hello, List!

On Monday 03 February 2003 21:14, you wrote:

> According to the Free Pascal Programmers manual chapter 4.1 it is possible
> to specify an external Windows function with:
> Procedure ProcName(Args: TProcArgs); external 'Name' index SomeIndex
>
> But where can I get information on which function has which index in which
> DLL?

Just try without the "index SomeIndex". I think you don't even need the
<Name> if it matches the pascal name. But I'm almost sure it will work
without mentioning the index.

If you really need indices, you might find them in microsoft's (API?)
documentation.

Hope this helps,

Anton Tichawa.

"Adas Methode war, wie sich zeigen wird, Tagträume in offenbar korrekte
Berechnungen einzuweben."

Doris Langley Moore: Ada, Countess of Lovelace (London 1977).

Anton Tichawa
Volkertstrasse 19 / 20
A-1020 Wien
mobil: +43 664 52 07 907