[fpc-pascal]opening files from a text list

DONALD PEDDER jims_son at jedi.apana.org.au
Mon Dec 22 19:47:17 CET 2003

>    When I've read everything up to the score (using scanblack/scanwhite),
> and then do "read(line,awayscore)" the program hangs (using read now, as I
> want to read the number and not a word).

   P.S. "awayscore" IS defined as an integer, in case anyone is going to
ask me if I've defined it correctly. "scanblack" returns a string, so I
don't know how to return a number when required ("read(line,awayscore)"
not working was un-expected - I guess maybe you can't read a number from
a string, only from standard input/text file).

dp.