[fpc-pascal]Random generator

Jonas Maebe jonas at zeus.ugent.be
Sat Dec 6 21:06:29 CET 2003

On 6 dec 2003, at 21:01, jordi wrote:

>> You mean you want to write something like the "first" random number of
>> 100 "different sequences"?
>
> Yes, I'd like something like this. A sequence of numbers very difficult
> (imposible) to re-do.

As long as you use pseudo-random number generators, you will not be
able to generate sequences that are very hard to redo. They are per
definition easy to reproduce, even if you mix 100 different sequences.
If you want to encrypt something or authenticate, you have to look into
encryption respectively authentication methods, and not at
pseudo-random generators.

Jonas