[fpc-pascal]Random generator

jordi jordiv at catalonia.net
Sat Dec 6 19:16:00 CET 2003

El ds, 06 de 12 de 2003 a las 18:34, Jonas Maebe escribió:

> The built-in random of 1.0.x is one of the best random generators you
> can find (although it's very slow). How is it not safe? The one in
> 1.9.x is a little worse, but it's three times faster (it's the Mersenne
> twister).
>

> Jonas

Sorry, there are a few things that I don't understand... and I am not so
good in mathematics... and I can't explain it in English quite well.

The same seed generates the same random sequence... or not?
and why I can randomize as often as I want in the same program?
A loop like this generates the same numbers:
for loop := 1 to 100 do begin
  randomize;
  writeln (random (1000) +1);
end;
How can I re-seed in the same program?

Thanks:

(Please, use the list if you can answer, otherwise I won't receive it)