[fpc-pascal]Question to the offical fpc book

timmer at timmerca.com timmer at timmerca.com
Wed Apr 30 12:40:57 CEST 2003

> > I think that this suggestion is quite good. First, the comments to the
> > php functions contain often helpful hints and tricks. Further,
> > suggestions and comments to the docs are very close to the contents.
> > It's much harder to search the mailing lists and forum. I think also
> > that such a system encourages users to comment the docs which is helpful
> > to improve them. Maybe it's worth a try?
>
> No.

Michael,

I have to say I'm surprised at your flat-out rejection of an idea that has
been seconded by more than one other user.  No one is asking you to do
anything.  If you don't think it's a good idea, don't participate.  Mailing
lists like this exist for users like me and AJ Venter and Florian Klaempfl
to come up with new ideas and discuss them as a group.  Your negativity is
hard for me to understand.

That aside, I believe the idea is a good one, and I know PHP very well, and
I run a few UNIX servers that I can happily toss such a site on without
costing me or anyone else a dime.  Therefore, I plan to spend some time on
the project.  I don't know for sure that I'll finish it, or that it will
work, or that it will benefit anyone, but at least I'm willing to contribute
to the FreePascal project in a manner that I know how and am able to.

Tim