[fpc-pascal]Svga

Martyn Ranyard ranyardm at lineone.net
Tue Sep 24 16:12:00 CEST 2002

At 10:40 AM 9/23/02 +1000, James Mills <prologic at useoz.com> wrote:
>Concerning Svga, and the graph unit and anything really to do with
>graphics...

<snip>

>PS: I know root access is probably needed as the svga library accesses
>the memory that probably requires root access (I think this is correct),
>but there has to be a better way...

yes, svgalib requires root, and is no longer maintained, and quite often
leaves machines in graphics mode if they crash.

Am I hallucinating or did somebody mention that they had bindings for SDL
translated?  SDL does not need root, and works well as far as I can tell
and will work in a window for X.  AND it's cross-platform.

-
Martyn Ranyard
Free Software Advocate

jabber - joran at amessage.de