[fpc-pascal]GPF

Sebastian Günther sguenther at gmx.de
Tue Sep 17 13:24:01 CEST 2002

ddt at headrush.co.za schrieb:

> I appreciate any help very much, and If anybody wants to look at the code just say the word, I'll stick it on a public CVS server as soon as I have something that runs at least, and do the whole website etc. thing there-after.

you might consider using fpAsync (or libAsync at least) for handling
keyboard input and timers. This way you could for example process
enemies e.g. 10 times per seconds, without having to wait for keyboard
input forever or running silly idle loops which will lead to 100% CPU
usage...
(I think timers are ideal for this kind of games. For more complex
games, especially 3D games, you'll normally try to render as much
pictures per second as possible; for this you would render everything
within an idle handler - which are yet to be implemented in *Async, but
this will be done soon)

- Sebastian