[fpc-pascal]How to write GUI programs?

amorel amorel at xs4all.nl
Tue Sep 10 11:30:15 CEST 2002

On Tue, Sep 10, 2002 at 07:44:28AM +0200, Rainer Hantsch wrote:
> -> Because I have absolutely no knowledge about GUI programming, I must learn
>    this from scratch. I only experienced that here everything goes otherwise
>    round: While a normal text application is controlled by keystrokes and you
>    have to read them within you program, it seems that GUI programs have an
>    external handler in the GUI library and this one does callbacks - I never

It depends on the gui api you are using. Some require you to run your own
(delayed)event loop checking for gui events, or using a wait alike command which
waits for an event, within a loop. Then you check what caused the event and start the
function according to that. After that it returns to the wait command after it
completed the loop.

Regards