[fpc-pascal]FPC and GTK+ on Windows: need help

Fernando Lozano fsl at centroin.com.br
Thu Sep 5 16:39:55 CEST 2002

Hi there,

I am playing for a long time with GTK+ development using Free Pascal
on Windows. It needs to work on Windows, my interest is on getting the
same sources and just compile then on Linux or Windows. So far, I just
found the suplied gtk unit works well and it's not so hard to use.

GTKpas looks interesting, but I could not complile it on Windows. The
author was very kind, I have to send him additional info so he can help
me solve the problem.

Theres a working port of Glade for Windows (wingtk.sourceforge.net). But
I could not use the libglade fpc bindings. The libglade units compile
well, but all programas complain that glade_xml_signal_connect is missing
from glade.dll. That's funny because I can use this function from PHP or
C programs compiled on Windows. I already checked the same glade.dll is
being used by C, PHP and FPC programs.

The gnome2 bindings for GTK are of no value for me now as there's no widnows
support yet for tne new GTK libs. besides, I'd like to share just one set
of GTK+ dlls with Glade, FPC, PHP, Dia, Ethereal and Gimp.

I'd like to write a parser for the glade xml files that generates FPC
code (with options to use or not use GTKpas). But first I need to have
both working. Can anyone help me? Or am I the only one interested on
cross-plataform development using FPC?

I've already checked Lazarus, but it taking too much time to mature,
besides I prefer to use the common GTK+ APIs I already use with other
languages than using Borlad-style APIs.

[]s, Fernando Lozano