[fpc-pascal]How to write GUI programs?

Rainer Hantsch rainer at hantsch.co.at
Wed Sep 4 13:41:07 CEST 2002

Hello, all!

Until now, I kept away from GUI programming because it always appeared to me
very complicated. But I see the time coming close and closer, where I will
have no choice, so I want to have a first look inside.

What I want:
o Writing FPC programs, primarily for LINUX.
o I prefer SIMPLE solutions and no "super-duper" things which cause a lot
  of problems
o Basically I am lookung for some kind of a "graphical ncurses" or something
  on this level.
o I do not want changes to my normal SuSE Linux. It should be possible to
  use standard libraries which are shipped with SuSE Linux 7.x/8.0.
o If I can see some code for a simple "Hello World" in GUI, it will be a
  good start.

If somebody can give me some advice, I will be happy, because I am an 100%
novice here.

mfg

  Ing. Rainer Hantsch

--
      \\|//           Ing. Rainer HANTSCH  -  Hardware + Software
      (o o)           Forget Windoze! -- We focus on L-I-N-U-X...
Ing. Rainer HANTSCH  |  e-Mail: office at hantsch.co.at
Khunngasse 21/20     |  www   : http://www.hantsch.co.at
A-1030 Vienna        |  Tel.  : ++43 - 1 - 7988538 0