[fpc-pascal]Win32 program - staying in foreground or system tray

Bernhard Steffen bernhard.steffen at gmx.net
Wed Oct 30 21:08:26 CET 2002

I'm currently porting an old Borland Pascal program from Win3.1 to Win
NT / 2000 and encountering some problems:

The old program was using a TWindow object and "ws_Popup + ws_Caption +
ws_SysMenu" as window style to stay in the foreground permanently. It's
sort of a quick program launcher and uses no real program window but
only its own (modified) system menu.

The new program is based on the fpc "winhello" demo program, and I
modified the "CreateWindow" command to use the same window style as the
old program - which doesn't work ;-( The program can easily be put into
the background instead of being visible all the time. How can I correct
this behaviour?

On the other hand, since I don't need a program window but only the
system menu, it would be even better to put the program into the system
tray, just use its system menu and don't create any program window at
all. How can this be done?

Any help much appreciated.

TIA
Bernhard