[fpc-pascal]New for Windows programming

fmccormick at sympatico.ca fmccormick at sympatico.ca
Thu Oct 17 20:45:25 CEST 2002

> From: "Klaus Hartnegg" <klaus at mailserv.brain.uni-freiburg.de>
> Date: 2002/10/17 Thu AM 10:11:35 EDT
> To: fpc-pascal at deadlock.et.tudelft.nl
> Subject: Re: [fpc-pascal]New for Windows programming
>
> > Another question is about accessing com port under windows.
> > I have some turbo pascal DOS based programms that communicate with
> > microcontrollers through PC serial port. What is the easyest way to get them
> > working under Windows?
>
> I have the same problem.
>
> I found some demos on the web page (click in left row on "units"),
> download elecom12, read file win32com.pas (Com_Open, Com_SendChar, ...)
> Seems one must use an API call for initializing (SetCommState)
> and provide callback functions for sending and receiving.
> I think the Win32 API doc is also available somewhere on Free Pascal Web page.
> Google Search for "SetCommState" also finds some info on e Microsoft web page.
>
> Does somebody have a minimal demo source?
>
> Klaus
> --

When I was doing programming (sometime ago) I was using Martin Bekers elecom unit, somewhat modified. Do a Google search on the net for elebbs and I am sure it's on his site.

It contains the source and some demo programs for Win32 stuff as well as OS/2 and DOS. Nothing for Linux unfortunately.

Frank