[fpc-pascal]FPC And NetBSD?!

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Sun Oct 13 23:25:01 CEST 2002

> How can I make FPC running on NetBSD? There is no package available on
> the website.

Anyway, the NetBSD port was mainly done because of the foreign platform
support. At the moment it is very rough(little used, not much testing),
though serious work can be done with it. Therefore there is no real support
yet. There are no users to generate bugreports (you are the second to ask at
all), I mainly use FreeBSD.

I'm currently merging all three *BSD ports (and maybe Darwin too if doable)
for the next major version due middle of next year, but that might be
backported to 1.0.x. This will cause FreeBSD which I use fixes to
automatically propagate to the other *BSDs, and increase the quality of the
other BSD ports considerably.

I only have the packages that another NetBSD user sent me. (but he is very
experienced). I haven't tested them yet, since my NetBSD machine is down due
to hardware trouble.

http://www.stack.nl/~marcov/netbsd/fpc-1.0.6-pre-src.tbz
http://www.stack.nl/~marcov/netbsd/fpc-1.0.6-pre.tbz
http://www.stack.nl/~marcov/netbsd/info.txt