[fpc-pascal]Repeat: Problems with crashing graphics

John Coppens jcoppens at usa.net
Tue Nov 26 22:00:36 CET 2002

On Tue, 26 Nov 2002 16:16:57 +0100
Jonas Maebe <jonas at zeus.rug.ac.be> wrote:

> On dinsdag, nov 26, 2002, at 16:07 Europe/Brussels, John Coppens wrote:
>
> > Any suggestions on how to go on testing? Preferably avoiding the
> > red panic button on the machine?
>
> Do other (non-FPC) svgalib based programs work properly with the higher
> resolution modes?
>

> Jonas

Hi Jonas.

It seems I'd never used any SVGAlib based program before... I tried a
simple fractal program, from the SVGALib site and - the system crashed
too.

So, I checked around and did _not_ find my SiS300 based card in the
supported card list. I then uncommented the 'vesa' line in the
/etc/vga/libvga.config file, and all is working now. I suppose the
VESA mode may not be the optimun solution, but at least I can see
the graphics.

I'm supposing that the Graph unit is also based on SVGAlib...

Thanks Jonas,
John