[fpc-pascal]Problem building program in IDE.

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Mon Nov 25 12:55:35 CET 2002

> I'm rather new to freepascal, so what I'm asking may be quite trivial. I
> tried to find the answer by searching google, but without any success.
>
> I'm using the Linux version, downloaded from here:
> ftp://ftp.freepascal.org/pub/fpc/dist/Linux/fpc-1.0.6.ELF.tar
>
> I'm trying to build one of the example programs illustrating how to build a
> Unix socket server using the FCL.
>
> When I build from command line, everything is OK.
> But I can't build this example program from the IDE. I think this has to do
> with search paths ot something, but I can't figure out what to edit.
>
> If I write a program that doesn't use the FCL, then I can build it pressing
> F9 in the IDE without problem, so it's just the FCL giving me headace.
>
> What should I do?

(note that the manual has a chapter about the IDE with screenshots)

Go to the options->directories menu, add the entire unit path to the unitdirectory path.

Probably something like /usr/local/lib/fpc/1.0.6/units/linux/* but check this for your own
OS (maybe you have to remove "local/"), and don't forget the asterisk.