[fpc-pascal]Question

Jonas Maebe jonas at zeus.rug.ac.be
Fri May 24 19:17:39 CEST 2002

On Fri, 24 May 2002, Leandro Montero wrote:

> I made a program in pascal who use a tipical archive of database using
> de command reset , rewrite , and others. this archive "database" are
> in a net of machines , and I wont open this archive in 2 machine
> simultaneously but the program sendme a message of error , this
> message is of my program not of the operative system . I now that is
> posible to made because I made in other program , but I don't remember
> who's are the command which are possible to do .

Are you thinking of the "filemode" variable? If you set it to 0, "reset"
will open the file in read-only mode, allowing you to open it several
times. Otherwise, if you use reset on a typed or untiped file, it will be
opened in read-write mode and only one process at a time can have a file
opened in this mode.

Jonas